Detective Superintendent Rob Critchlow told 2GB police were making progress on the case, and believe Baluch is still in New South Wales after he apparently cut off his electronic monitoring bracelet and went on the run on October 25.
“We think we’re pretty close behind him,” Superintendent Critchlow said.
Baluch, 33, was on bail after being accused of masterminding a major cocaine shipment into Australia.
At the two properties raided yesterday, police seized more than $250,000 in cash, about 200 grams of cocaine, mobile phones, a money counter, and 458 grams of an “unknown substance”.
The public has been warned about approaching Baluch, who Superintendent Critchlow said had a “very serious” criminal history.
After the fugitive was spotted in a car late last month, Superintendent Critchlow said Baluch was “feeling the pressure” of the manhunt.
“He is very focused on leaving the jurisdiction…I can tell you for certain he is seeking assistance from those who will fly him out of NSW and out of the country,” Superintendent Critchlow said.
Baluch was arrested at his waterfront Bayview mansion in June on steroid charges, but police suspected his involvement in the biggest-ever plot to import cocaine into Sydney, including 900 kilograms seized off Ecuador.
He was granted local court bail and walked from jail after forfeiting his $4 million property and agreeing to wear an electronic monitoring anklet, which he is believed to have cut off before going on the run.
Baluch is described as being of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance, about 180cm tall, of a muscular build, with black hair, brown eyes and unshaven.
Anybody who sees him is urged to call Triple Zero.